Once one of the toughest cases of industrial decay, Wellston is now home to some of the areas best urban revitalization projects, and new private investment is on tap. Now, more than ten years in the making, the Early Explorers Child Development Academy is open in Wellston. It will be the first accredited early childhood education center ever in Wellston. Stand at the MetroLink station in Wellston and you can see the transformation throughout Wellston:
- STLVentureWorks, small business incubator
- MET Center, job training facility (on the way – new labs for job training in biotech)
- Yadier Molina Field, Cardinals Care youth baseball field
- Early Explorers Child Development Academy
- And, just announced, Ascent STL1 Data Center
It took a lot of help to get to this day and we’d like to thank our funding partners: Senator Kit Bond, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, State of Missouri Department of Economic Development, and ARCHS (Area Resources for Community and Human Services).