There’s no better place for advancing manufacturing than St. Louis.
That’s exactly what Sweden-based SKF Group is doing, expanding their manufacturing operations by building a state-of-the-art campus in NorthPark. The SKF announcement comes shortly after Express Scripts unveiled its expansion for the business park and Boeing announced it will begin manufacturing parts of the 777X commercial airliner in St. Louis.
Recent activity is showing just how strong the manufacturing sector is rebounding in St. Louis.
The SKF expansion:
- Represents a $55 million investment
- Retains 388 jobs and creates 73 jobs over six years
- Creating a 310,986-square-foot facility
- Will be a LEED-certified facility
- Will be located in NorthPark
- Plans to begin construction in 2014 and finish in late 2015